Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design (OSAD)
The Bachelor's in Graphic Design degree program is designed to provide talented men and women with a Biblical postsecondary education that prepares them as ministry practitioners, and explores the connections between Scripture, art, and design.
In the context of Olivet University's mission, completion of the Graphic Design program will enable students to:
- Demonstrate craftsmanship in the tools and technologies required for professional completion of a project.
- Develop skills in visual communication, conceptually-driven image development, and composition.
- Define audience/client needs and translate them into an appropriate aesthetic.
- Practice professional presentation of their artwork.
- Seek to contribute to the shaping of a meaningful visual culture by applying Gospel values to the practice of graphic design.
Undergraduate students at Olivet University must fulfill the following Bachelor's degree requirements for graduation:
- Pass a total of 180 quarter hours: 48 quarter hours of biblical studies and theological studies, 52 quarter hours of general education, 28 quarter hours of professional studies, at least 28 quarter hours of major electives, 12 quarter hours open electives, and 8 quarter hours of ministry practice.
- Maintain a 2.00 (C grade point average) in all Olivet University work.
- Receive a passing mark for all Christian Service and Chapel requirements.
- Satisfactorily complete a final project and final portfolio.
- Students are subject to the Bachelor's in Graphic Design degree requirements of the catalog of the year in which they entered.
- Satisfy all financial responsibilities to the university.
- Introduction to Drawing
- Color and Design
- Basic Graphic Design
- Typography 1
- Graphic Design
- History of Graphic Design
- Digital Imaging
- Art History: Iconography 13th - 14th Century
- Introduction to Interior Design
- Introduction to Fashion Design
- Introduction to Advertising Design
- Interactive Design & User Experience
- Web Design 1
- Typography 2
- Digital Video
- Typography 3
- Corporate Identity
- Information Design
- Web Design 2
- Senior Capstone Project